Subject: Re: You don't need a "blue" switch on your monitor
From: Andrew Hofman <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 1996 14:48:04 -0500

>> If you use a monitor which offers a
>> "blue" function... while you are displaying your color bars, engage the blue
>> mode. 

There is a certain blue lighting filter that has exactly the same effect as
turning on a blue-gun switch. It's the sort of stuff used in stage and video
lighting. You simply hold it in front of any monitor and go through the
normal blue-gun adjustment steps. There are a few different manufacturers,
but the one that comes to mind is Roscoe. In an article a couple years back
I think Roscoe #52B was specified as the correct filter BUT I'M NOT SURE
ABOUT THIS. It may have been a #51B, but at any rate it's fifty-something. A
salesman at Roscoe might know the answer, or a video tech at a TV station.
This is actually a well-documented trick that is used throughout the
industry, so someone you talk to out there will know the answer. How about
someone on this list???

  
Andy Hofman
LumaQuest Productions           
Animation and Dual Raptor 3 Rendering  
[email-masked]
513-643-7333